Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 6, frustrated, but still going....

Not sure what I expected to happen after 6 days of extremely healthy whole food eating. Something miraculous to happen I guess. Maybe I hoped my body would be so shocked that the 10 pounds would fall off overnight. BUT...nadda. So, Sunday A.M. I weighed in at 123.6. By like, Monday morning I was at 122.2. And the buck stopped there. Still 122.2. I'm pretty used to jumping in to a hardcore Isagenix 9 day program when I am feeling desparate to lose weight in a jiffy, and losing 5 or 6 pounds in 6 days. So to lose less than a pound and a half in 6 days is a bit tough for me. That being said, I am also pretty happy about quite a few things. I am feeling like this eating whole and healthy thing MIGHT just be a sustainable life change. I know it has only been 6 days, but I am really enjoying the fruits and fresh veggies, salmon, and especially the beans...LOVE kidney and black beans. I feel good about what I am putting in my body.
Today I woke up and took my vitamins and greens and ionix first thing. Had an isangenix bar for breakfast and another around 11. Went to the gym, ran 5K (3 miles) and tons of weights and situps etc. GREAT day at the gym.(especially considering I had to do 180 lunges at crossfit last night...my butt muscles are SCREAMING today!) Had an isagenix protein shake after the gym with extra whey protein....delicious. Came home and had some organic brown rice gluten-free crackers and some almonds to hold me over until supper. And finally, a piece of salmon for supper, and some pineapple for dessert.

I did feel weak for a bit this evening. I had to take my son to the store to get some gifts for two bday parties he is going to this weeekend. The shelves were lined with those Cadbury minieggs, which are my #1 favorite chocoolate. Well, they are tied with peanut M&M's for #1. SO hard to see them and not buy them. But I didn't. The Dorito's were also tough. I came VERY close to grabbing a bag and convincing myself I deserve them because I had done so well all week. SOOOO CLOSE. Somehow, I didn't. I managed to get out of there with out buying any crap. Pretty amazing.

Now, to get through the weekend. I have enough pineapple here to feed an army, and I made a huge bean corn and onion salad that is sitting ready in the fridge for when I get hungry tomorow. I really really want to make it. I have to make a cake on Sunday for my son's school...that scares me. I don't know I will be able to get through that...icing is another problem spot for me. BIG problem. But I will cross that bridge when I get there. I'll try to remember to have a nice filling lunch before I start baking. Probably have better hope of making it through if I'm not starving. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment