Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Help, is this product healthy??


I usually make my own chili and spag sauces from scratch, but occasionally, I want to make something super quick. I have a whole pantry full of this Loblaws Blue Menu Spagetti sauce. I THINK it is ok, but I want to be sure. My biggest concern is 'caramel color'...wtf? If you are crusing by and see this post, AND know a thing or two about mysterious ingredients, please have a look and leave me your feedback! Would someone eating whole, natural foods be willing to eat this prepared/packaged food?


http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnline/products.jsp?brandId=2&type=details&tags=100094&next=37&productId=17092

Tomatoes (contain tomato juice, calcium chloride, citric acid), tomato paste, water, textured vegetable protein [soy protein concentrate, caramel colour, ferrous sulphate (iron), niacinamide, zinc oxide, calcium pantothenate, thiamine, mononitrate (vitamin B1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12)], carrots, onions, celery, olive oil, concentrated lemon juice, dehydrated garlic and parsley, sea salt, spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment