Monday, March 22, 2010

Down with Day 2!

After strutting around my house this evening feeling all pompous that I made it through 'Day 2', I realized I really have not defined what this is 'Day 2' of.
I have no hope of success if I can't even define the goal, do I?
Ok..well, at risk of opening the door to failure a little too wide, here goes.

GOAL: To lose over 10 pounds (sounds sooo simple...blarg) Quit compulsive/binge eating. Break the sugar addiction. Be healthier.

I plan to do this by following the Isagenix play, and adhering to some smaller goals that are important to me, but so easily ignored and tossed aside when cravings, laziness and hunger set in.
-eat primarily whole and natural food (atleast 70%) including as much raw food as possible. Vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, beans, fruit.
-little to no dairy or animal fat (just some skim milk in my morning tea)
-lots of isagenix protein shakes, especially after workouts
-NO sugar, especially HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
-No bad fats
-No prepackaged or factory foods
-No white flour or any of that nutrient void crap

I may have bitten off more than I can chew here (no pun intended!). But these are all things that are truly important to me. I want to be the person that has complete control over my health abd what I put in my mouth.

So, that being said, day 2 was a delicious breeze.
Breakfast: Isagenix chocolate shake with extra protein (Isapro) and hemp seed (IsaCrunch)
Snack: Almonds and Pistachio's
Lunch: homemade bean/lentil/vegetable soup
Snack: 1 orange, 1/4 Isagenix protein bar
Dinner: homemade vegetarian Chili, homemade fruit blender drink (frozen strawberries, blueberries, 1/4 of an orange, IsaFruits, Orange flavored 'want more energy' powder, ice, water - the only thing missing was vodka. It was SO good, I ended up having to make a second batch for my kids. I love it when they think they are getting a dessert...little did they know, this was SUPER good for them!! :)

I went to the gym like a good girl. 25 minutes on the bike cause my legs are still too sore from yesterday to run at this point. Lots of weight machines and situps and push ups. The only frustration I felt today was in the kitchen at work, stuck in the middle of a converstaion about homemade cookies. A HUGE weakness for me. It made we want to go home and make cookies pretty bad. The cravings/urge only lasted a few moments and I didnt end up eating anything I regretted...so all in all, a pretty good day.

About 200 more days like that and I should have this problem licked. ;)

1 comment:

  1. hi laurie,
    congrats on defining your goals! that is a huge step.
    congrats on surviving the cookie description, i would have had to mopped the floor from my drool.

    ReplyDelete