Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Geeeze...I've been good for 2 days...Why arn't I skinny yet?

Why does time seem to stand still for the first few days of getting back on track. Honestly, I am not even done day 2 and I am already frustrated that this isn't happening faster! Being ME is a real chore! lol
I have done well today. It was a successful cleanse day, and I got my fat butt to the gym. Ran 4.5 miles, practiced chin-ups (I say 'practice' because I can only actually do 3 or 4. But I keep working at it), 50 sit ups, 20 consecutive push-ups (this is a new for me, it was not that long ago I could only do 10!), lots of ab work and some shoulder and arm work. Then lunch hour was over and I had to go back to work. I find that really frustrating. (pesky WORK always gets in the way of working out!) By the time I get in the 'zone', my brain and body in a place where I feel I could work out for hours...that's right about the time I have to wrap it up. I know that going and cutting it short is better than not going, but geeeeeeeeze!
How great would it be to get paid to work out and be thin and healthy...oh what a different world this would be!
Only have to make it through a few more hours without breaking down and stuffing my head in the fridge...then on to day 3. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great workout. Keep it up, I know it's a struggle some day but stick with it and you'll be happy you did. Everyone keeps telling me it gets easier... so I'm going to have to assume they're correct and pass that along to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally hear you, we live in a microwave world and want the results of our good work immediately. who doesn't want to get rewarded right away?
    but you know that you have to stick to it. a fast loss, means it's not real weight and it comes back on faster.
    have patience, grasshopper! :)

    ReplyDelete