Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's hard to do math when you're this hungry...

I feel a little like I am running up the down escalator right now. I spend the days hungry for the most part. I spend a lot of time at the gym and running. Yet, my efforts are futile.
Here is a calculation I found for BMR etc, that is making this feel even more hopeless!

BMR Calculation for women:
655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)
= 655+(4.3*123)+(4.7*64)-(4.7*34)
= 1325
For lightly active, add 30% = 1325*1.3 = 1722

So 1722 is how many calories I can have on a daily basis to MAINTAIN my weight.

If I want to lose 1 pound per week, I have to subtract from that. So 3600/7= 514calories per day.

1722-514= 1208

1208 Calories per day. Let me tell you...that is NOT a lot of food. No matter how creative and low calorie and healthy you are, that is simply not a lot of food.

This sucks.

Just so I can wallow in self pitty just a little longer...here are some foods that are 1200 calories:


Add a side of soup and an extra sauce to this meal for 1160 Calories.



Oh Tostito's, how I love you so. But you always love what you can't have. 48 restaurant style chips and half a jar of salsa...1145 calories.


It only takes 2 PB&J sandwiches to reach 1280 calories!


Dairy Queen Blizzard. My favorite food in the world by a landslide. If I ever have one again, it would have to be the only thing I eat in the entire day. :( I love you Cookie Dough Blizzard. I will miss you. :( One large cookie dough Blizzard...1300 Calories.

Note to self about losing this 10 pounds? Good luck with that...

1 comment:

  1. 1200 is not a lot of calories and really not recommended unless your doctor says it's ok. when you eat that little, your body goes into starvation mode, which means your metabolism slows down. please don't eat that few calories, along with working out w/out your doctor's permission.
    do not feel hopeless. with good exercise and healthy eating, weight loss is sure to follow.

    ReplyDelete